As the January 8th launch of Pathbrite Portfolios for Educators draws closer by the minute, we’re sharing a few details on the features you’ll begin using as you implement Pathbrite into your courses. We recommend you begin your planning now that the fall term is wrapping up.
Here’s what you can expect on January 8th:
1. Courses, Storage, Private Sharing and Private Comments
Faculty or Staff can set up a course — fast and easy — for free:
- Set up course title
- Establish course description
- Enroll and invite co-teachers or teacher’s assistants
- Enroll and invite students
- Determine private sharing and private comments settings
2. Storage and Uploads
Students are able to aggregate any sort of digital file from any source, including Facebook photos, YouTube videos, website links, Google Docs or Microsoft Office documents, audio files and more.
- Free unlimited storage of artifacts and archived portfolios for the institution
- Unlimited storage of artifacts for students included in registration fee
- Unlimited file upload size for students included in registration fee
The system will allow you to have easy access to all your students, interact with their work and them, and supervise any peer-to-peer evaluations. You’ll also be able to click through to students’ profiles to view any portfolios they have published for your evaluation.
More Sneak Peeks
We’re not quite finished with Pathbrite Portfolios for Educators — there’s more in store! Beginning March 15, 2013 we’ll make portfolio template creation available to educators, as well as an integrated scorecard for use when evaluating student portfolios and constituent artifacts.
What faculty can expect on March 15th:
- Build customized portfolio templates
- Establish assignments
- Set-up objectives
- Dictate exemplars
- Determine related rubrics
- Establish due dates
- Assign scores during evaluation
We’ll continue, in the last couple of weeks before January 8th, to share more details with you and previews with screen shots of what you can expect to work with on the launch date.
Thank you so much for your continuing interest in Pathbrite Portfolios for Educators — we deeply appreciate it!